Sunday, May 07, 2006

Where in the World is....Emily Devo?






Yes, I going to be a Father to a darling little girl named Emily ______ Dvi-Vardhana, but I don't think we're going to hit the target date for our Tent Pole release for this summer. I desperately wanted to steal Tom Cruise's thunder from this weekends Mission Impossible Trois, which opened on my birthday Cinquo de mayo. (thanks Lori for the E card by the way, very funny) I did buy her some kiddie books - One of my favorites - FERDINAND the BULL, about a peaceful bull who sits on a flower with a bee on it, and then High larity ensues- and GOODNIGHT GORILLA, about a baby gorilla who escapes his cage in the zoo and lets out all the other animals...

However, just turning 35 and having a baby girl a on the way is nice way to celebrate your birthday, and I had a few friends over to have cake (baked by my wife) and watch Eddie Murphy's "Delirious"; which even with some dated humor (Gay AIDS jokes, but this was 1983 and Murphy was only 22) the comedian is still extremely funny.

The Mets also managed to beat The Braves on Friday and Saturday, (21wins, 9 losses) giving them a 5 game cushion over the 2nd place Phillies and a 10 game lead over the Braves. Hopefully we'll make it to October. Also to top things off - The Lakers choked to The Suns in game 7 of their series, ending their season. Ha ha. F-You Kobe ! (final score 121-90) Go Clippers !

When will Emily show? That's anyone's guess as I was two weeks late myself. The world's a mess as is and if she wants extra time in warm cozy environment that's fine with me. Shelley might have another opinion about that though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww. I don't think Miss Emily really wanted to be associated with Mr. Cruise's MI-3 opening weekend, her primere will be without all that crazy Hollywood hoopla. He has taken up a lot of press time anyway.

wow.Lakers got moider'd [that's murdered, but in Bowery Boys speak]

Yes, Delirious was fun to watch despite the dated humor. Pretty cool seeing that he was only 22 back then. Very talented with his impressions.
Charlie Murphy! Darkness!
-keegs

Lori said...

I'm with Keegs...awwww! I love that poster! Add that to our list of projects in the pipeline...should any of us happen into a hundred million dollars.

Poor Shel...I hope she's okay. Even if you've had a fairly easy time of it, all you wanna do is drop that load by the end. I hope Em'll decide to grace us all with her presence REALLY soon!

Oh yeah, and apparently that genius Tom not only named his child after LRon's dear departed pet bird...but also a kind of alpaca. God, that poor kid.

Anonymous said...

HURRY UP AND PUSH IT OUT!

Unknown said...

i'm with the others, get that poster printed out!

push her out push her out, push, PUSH! LOL