Monday, December 25, 2006

HEEEYYYY OWWWW! Keep it Funky Forever now....




This started off as a very positve review of ROCKY BALBOA, but after a searching the web for pix, I saw on CNN that The Godfather of Soul James Brown had passed away at 73 years of age.

The dude changed R&B, Funk and Soul.

I remember buying his "Greatest Hits" as a kid and "Slaughter's Big Rip Off" with the hit "The Big Payback" later on when I noticed how cool the Blaxsploitation genre was, however it was the "Live at The Apollo" album that really got me hooked.

Let's not forget his performance in THE BLUES BROTHERS and ROCKY IV. Classics

I guess he's getting funky now with Sid Barrett, Hendrix, JohnDenver and Jerry Goldsmith somewhere.....with John Bonham on Drums.

Keeping it rrreal....and rrrepresenting....a true BLACK musician who worked his ass off and used real instruments.

God bless you James, The Hardest Working Man in Show Business!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! i just got on my parent's computer to check email and print up a iTunes gift card for my cousins when i saw this....another great one gone..in spite of his criminal record ;)

ok, he's one who will be the next 2?

Anonymous said...

Amen, brutha!

He was probably the only decent thing in Rocky IV (and no, I don't count Paulie's friggin' robot).

RIP Jimmie boy.

Anonymous said...

my mom would always say I FEEL GOOD! after changing a poopy diaper :D

Anonymous said...

He's gone to the Great Hot Tub in the Sky. YOW!