Monday, June 19, 2006

KINGPIN RULES!



One of the most underrated comedies of all time....As much as I loved "There's Something About Mary" and the Opening Night viewing, KINGPIN I think is The Farrelly Brother's finest hour. For ONE- it's about a one-handed, washout bowling prodigy, who teams up with an Amish bowling phenom to win bowling tourney; TWO- it's a mean spirited comedy ("You tore my sack..") THREE- Bill Murray's performance as Sleazy Big Ernie (pictured above) is as good as comic gold. Plus it has the greatest assortment of wacky haircuts that I've ever seen.



I had seen this back in (1996?) with Jon Gebhart, and Jen & Michelle Loshiavo for a matinee; if only it was a double date, because they immediately hated it after the little boy in the beginning of the film falls flat on his face. Jon and I were in stiches....1/2 way through the movie were Woody Harrelson and Vanessa Angel were fist fighting in the alleyway (punching her boobies); this elderly couple a few rows in front of us got up and left, adding to more raucous laughter from Gebhart and me. The girls? Bored and confused...Bwhhahahahahahahaha! KINGPIN you kick comic ass!





MOVIE STILLS COPYRIGHT MGM STUDIOS

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hail Kingpin!

Something About Mary maybe their biggest commercial hit, the rest of their stuff gets repetitive, but Kingpin is their most brilliant work.

It's got everything: an Amish taking a crap in a sink, awful combovers, a plastic hand that squeaks, landlady sex, piss drinking, sheep lovin' farmers, Indecent Proposals and my fav : THE JEFFERSONS ON ICE!
--K to the double E to the G!

JOHN DVI-VARDHANA said...

Neighbor: Hey Roy, can you get sick from drinking piss?
Roy: I think you can.
Neighbor: Even if its your own?

Lori said...

Ish: Whatcha doin', Mr. Munson?

Roy: Pukin'! (or barfin'...I can't quite remember which it was)

Ish: Pukin'? Where do I keep gettin' Munson??

kegn_15 said...

Roy: Ish, you're not taking a dump in the sink again?

Lori said...

Ishmael: Run for the hills everybody... there's a giant shit cloud coming!

And one of my personal faves:

Roy: Some of the dresses ya' got, ya' need two hairdos to wear.

Boy, they sure don't write 'em like THAT anymore!

G.

(I'm gettin' kinda used to the foul Lilo thing. Heeheehee!)

kegn_15 said...

Devos-
Just remembered this today--
Kingpin was a film you raved about and I didn't think I'd like it. But I gave in.
Another film you raved about, and I didn't think I'd like it but you kept at it--
Faster Pussycat Kill Kill.
Traumatized thanks to you. Good god, what a crazy trippy ass film.
I also remember the line from Meyer's second film, burned forever in my brain:
SUCK OUT THE POISEN! SUCK IT!!

That's one line I'd love to see repeated in Snakes on a Plane. Imagine Samuel L delivering a line like that?
"Suck out the poisen! Suck it muthaf*ka!"

TheOneTrueGuy said...

Well Howdy! How am you?

Allow me to introduce myself... suckas!!!!!

No more foul little Lilo. May the poor little urchin rest relatively in peace.

From here on out I will be represented by the pure muppefication of my own immortal soul... Sam the friggin' eagle!

Unknown said...

ok, so i guess i need to watch this movie too huh? anyone else have any suggestions..and NO to surf ninjas!!! LOL i'm home a lot these days, you guys and my other internet buddies are my contact to the outside world. oh wait, i do have canela, but she doensn't even bark back! LOL

so yeah, a list of must see movies so that i can waste more time on the couch or in bed! LOL

Anonymous said...

that movie is great. You're still a Muson!!!!