Sunday, February 03, 2008

GIANT UPSET!!!




GIANTS WIN THE SUPERBOWL!!! I'm not going to pretend that I'm a die hard football fan as I only really watch the playoffs and the Super Bowl, but congratulations to my hometown team in probably the biggest upset in Super Bowl defeating The New England Juggernaut, The Patriots.

Not since Broadway Joe Namath predicted victory over The Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl III back in 1969, and on a sidebar The NY Mets went from worst to first and won The World Series the same year, has a David and Goliath sports battle been this great.

Congrats guys I wish I could hang out in NYC's ticker tape parade on Tuesday....





As if that weren't cool enough The Mets just signed the best pitcher on the market, Johan Santana, a 29 left handed wunderkind Cy Young winning pitcher, in a trade from the Minnesota Twins, for a cool $137 million for 6 years. So now is the time to win the big one.




So The Yankees can kiss my ass.


I saw RAMBO the other night. Best action movie in a long time. Cartoon Action over the top violence, (It makes Saving Private Ryan look like a GI Joe Cartoon) good guys, really bad guys, and shitload of badass action.

No satellite micro managed action men with shades of gray and "problems"; ie Jason Bourne, Jack Bauer, Neo, and all the other crappy action hero wannabes this past decade. Rambo sees, shoots, and makes the bad men pay.

Say what you will about Stallone's other pictures lately, but when it comes to his two beloved iconic characters he's made two really wise moves in dusting them off for one more ride, and true closure for their respective stories. As was the case with ROCKY BALBOA, RAMBO delivers the goods.... and the GORE! yeah!




4 comments:

TheOneTrueGuy said...

This is good news on the Stallone front. I've always liked the guy... even when I wished he'd just fade away. I thought Rocky Balboa was the second best in the franchise (behind the original of course!)and I'm glad to hear that Rambo is at least fun, if not particularly brainy.

And as for the Giants, what can I say? Great effin' game!

Unknown said...

it was a great game!
the palleikos were upset, i mean i feel bad, they ahd a perfect season only to loose the main game.

as gep says, it was pay pack revenge for beating the eagles ;)

JOHN DVI-VARDHANA said...

Awesome game, even if I wasn't a Giants fan, as it was the first time I ever watched a game (well the last quarter) with my pops....

If the 1st down yellow highlight wasn't visible I would never fully understand football on TV...

So it made explaining the game to pops a lot easier.

G-man yeah I agree with the ROCKY series- as much as I liked the sequels, and they gradually get cheesier (not bad entertainments) if it was just the first and last movies they'd hold up really nicely.

TheOneTrueGuy said...

Ya gotta love that moment in R2 when Rock buys the Firebird (or is it a Camaro?) from the dealership that became the Whole Foods place (and later a Starbucks) next to the parking lot by UArts!

Not to mention the fact that anyone who's lived in Philly can tell you that the route he runs with the kids is so convoluted and LOOOOOOONG that if those kids could keep up with Rocky all that way then THEY coulda kicked the crap out of Apollo!