Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Brando, Back From the DEAD




For a dead actor, Brando's making a comeback. First, THE GODFATHER the video game comes out today -using his real voice, and arguably his last performance; and then there's SUPERMAN RETURNS using old vaulted footage from the old 1978 classic will fly into cinemas in the summer. Maybe a Gangsta Rap album''s not too far behind.

In The Godfather video game you're a goon in the Corleone family who's trying to rise through the ranks, while hanging with Tom Hayden, Michael, Sonny, Connie and Fredo. Hopefully I'll get to hang out with Lou Cabratzi.

It looks like GRAND THEFT AUTO only set in the 1940's, and after seeing that the Game Guide's 1000 pages long you'll bet that I plunk down my last $50.00 for this before becoming a dad in May. Nothing like mayhem in the city for me....

Oh course the second allure of the game is to hear the late, great Brando reprise his role only even if it's for just a video game. Sean Connery did the same thing with the FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE game which I'll buy used later for a lower price.

At least Brando didn't punk out like that other fatass Orson Welles, as his last role was as a HUGE ASS metallic planet that ate other planets in, "The Transformers- The Movie".

Way to go Dr. Moreau!

Here's the link to the game http://www.ea.com/official/godfather/godfather/us/home.jsp


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does the game allow you to put a horsehead into some shmuck's bed?

[I'm waiting for Snakes On A Plane--the video game.]

--keegs

Lori said...

I've been seeing the commercials for this, and I gotta say, I'm really impressed at how close they got to the actors' likenesses, esp. Brando. The animation looks really well done too.

Too bad you don't get to play the main roles. I'd want to be Sonny and beat the crap outta Carlo with a garbage can lid.

JOHN DVI-VARDHANA said...

Hopefully after you actually throw a punch that connects to Carlo's face....

Lori said...

Yeah, really. I hope you can at least dress your goon as well as Sonny...y'know, with those bright white shoes and pinky-orange pants.